Working to preserve Westford's natural treasure & continue the camping tradition at East Boston Camps
Our MissionThe mission of the Westford Friends of East Boston Camps is to support the conservation, preservation, maintenance, and improvement of East Boston Camps with the goal of providing camping, environmental and recreational programs for area residents including a mission to include under-privileged and inner city youth.
Our current goal is to build a bathhouse that will benefit everyone who comes to East Boston Camps to enjoy this pristine property and the recreational, educational and environmental programs that have been the foundation of this historic property for seventy-five years. Read more about this critical project.
The Friends of E.B.C. along with the help and support of the local Boy scouts, contractors, volunteer residents and school community service projects , have been instrumental in the facilitation and completion of addressing many of the need of the camp and its grounds:
- Over 30K was raised for the new bathhouse at our last event - Magic in the Woods!
- Architectural plans for new bathhouse are complete
- Old bathhouse has been demolished
- Renovations to the inside of the duplex are complete
- Brought eating and health facilities to building and health codes standards
- Contributed to the new roof for the kitchen and dining hall
- Provided handicap ramps on the dining hall and nurses cabin
- Updated restroom in the dining hall
- Built new bunk beds in sleeping cabins
- Refaced the basketball court
- Built 2 new fire pits
- Installed new benches at the boys beach
- Replenished sand at the boys beach
- Painted nurses cabin, cooks cabin, and some sleeping cabins
- Provided handicap ramp to a sleeping cabin
- Installed new benches at the day beach
- Added new picnic tables and trash bins at the day beach
- Contributed to the renovation of the duplex
- Preserving the scenic beauty and natural resources of 300 acres of conservation land
- Restoring the historic camp buildings
- Bringing back the tradition of overnight camping
- Supporting events to promote community awareness and appreciation
Get tickets now for our Summer Solstice Celebration on Saturday June 21!
Read More →