Working to preserve Westford's natural treasure & continue the camping tradition at East Boston Camps
Our MissionWestford Friends of East Boston Camps was established in 2007, as a nonprofit organization with the mission of supporting the conservation, maintenance and improvement of the historic East Boston Camps property for environmental, outdoor recreational and educational purposes.
With the help and support of local organizations and businesses, we provide funds and assistance to support outdoor recreational and camping opportunities to both local and inner city children and families.
Current FocusDuring Spring 2019 we will finish the infirmary with funds raised last year and the landscaping for the bathhouse will also be completed.
Our new project for 2019 is the renovation of Nashoba Lodge.
In recent years, the Lodge has not been used to it's full advantage because of the need for renovation.
The lodge has a spacious interior with a large granite fireplace and it's a wonderful place for:
- Indoor game playing
- Educational use for the 5th Grade Camp, scouts and other student groups
- Educational events for conservation and local wildlife
- Gathering place after trail walks
- Event space
The Lodge is insulated so it can be used for more seasons of the year.
The Westford Friends of EBC, with the help and support of local scouting organizations, contractors, volunteer residents and school community service projects, have addressed many of the needs of the camp and its grounds:
- Plans for improvements to the infirmary were presented to the Conservation Commission and the project was approved in April 2018
- New bathhouse was completed and opened in 2017. Over 250K was raised by the Friends of EBC for this critical project
- Renovations to the inside of the duplex are complete
- Kitchen, dining and health facilities have been improved to meet building and health code standards
- New roof installed for the kitchen and dining hall
- Handicapped ramps installed on the dining hall and nurses cabin
- Restroom in the dining hall updated
- New bunk beds in sleeping cabins
- Refaced the basketball court
- Built 2 new fire pits
- Installed new benches at the boys and girls beaches
- Replenished sand at the boys beach
- Painted nurses cabin, cooks cabin, George's Workshop and some sleeping cabins
- Provided handicapped ramp to a sleeping cabin
- Installed new benches at the day beach
- Added new picnic tables and trash bins at the day beach
- Contributed to the renovation and painting of the duplex
- Installed new gate on the main road
- Preserving the scenic beauty and natural resources of 300 acres of conservation land
- Restoring the historic camp buildings
- Bringing back the tradition of overnight camping
- Providing support for the inclusion of inner city children in camping programs
- Supporting events to promote community awareness and appreciation
SAVE THE DATE
Saturday, June 8, 2019
Woodstock in the Woods
Come Celebrate The
50th Anniversary Of Woodstock
at Our East Boston Camps Fundraiser!
6:00 - 10:00 PM
At The Camps
Find Out More!